We are hosting a support workshop run by AFT (the Association for Family Therapy). This is to help prepare potential host families but also help those that have already been hosting for some time.
This workshop will cover areas such as:
- boundaries and house rules
- negotiating differences around issues of culture
- language and family-style
- balancing children’s needs and different parenting styles
- talking about difficult stuff
- understanding and managing distress and trauma
- when and how to seek help
At this time, we are only providing support for the host families so they, in turn, can help their guests.
Please complete the form below to register your attendance to the workshop: